Skip to main content

Go, Go, Go!


This week was super awesome.  Super busy but super awesome! I took a bazillion photos so I'll keep the narrative as short as I can...but those of you who've been reading for awhile know that'll be a challenge...see?? I totally didn't need to write the last 20 words or so...right? ok, focus, focus... :p

So I'm a bit wordy...that's alright, there will
be plenty of pictures to get you through it :)
We were riding the high of last weekend's festivities through Monday but once Tuesday rolled around I had to blast outta Dayton for a work trip. I've been prepping, planning, emailing, CAG-stalking everyone involved in this event for the past three months so I was actually thrilled the trip was here. It was like a wedding...enough planning already let's do the damn thing!! So we did...and it was cool. I won't bore you with the work stuff but because we had so many people traveling our trip planner scored us this beauty...

     
  
Our C-40. Such a sweet ride!! 
 

I was home by Wednesday at 7:30 but then Jace turned around and left the following day for Bristol Motor Speedway (TN) and his first NASCAR event. His friends from our first assignment here in Dayton invited him to participate in possibly the biggest redneck camping, race track visiting extravaganza ever.  Here's a glimpse into his extended weekend:

Gary workin the grill...

And the other Gary not working  one bit. :)
Here's a video clip from the start of the race -- do excuse the redneck fist pumps going on, NASCAR just makes people nuts. I don't know squat about this sport but gotta say it looks ridiculously dumb.

Back at the ranch I took Friday off to go golf in the USAFA Association of Graduates' Dayton Chapter First Annual Golf Classic (yep, that was a mouthful). Our friends Greg Flynn and Andrew Ramsey needed help filling a team so I brought my driver and my boss -- as it would turn out he won the closest to the pin and I won the longest drive contest (with an asterisk)! People were less than impressed with us at the prize give-away segment of lunch...haters...
First tee. Forgot my glove. That must have been the
only reason I blasted it into those trees... yep, the glove,
that's it
Golf...though I would have rather been taking
pictures and tweeting all morning...oh, wait, #usafagolfclassic
After we wrapped up on the course the Ramsey's invited us to join them down at their clubhouse pool. It was still 90 degrees at 4:00 so we "opted in" and headed to Centerville. Easton loooooved the pool (I am still not convinced I used enough "o's" in love) so he splashed around and "swam" with me until 5:30, hauled in some pizza and then we headed back home. 
Fueling up after a long swim :)

Dried off and eating again

Just an obnoxious face...

Teddy Grahams. Check.
Walking to the pool again...negative, son.

Diverted him from the pool but then he found the
lawn chairs...and climbed on just about every one

E in lockdown. And laughing at Mommy...

Love our little munchkin! :)
Fabulous Friday. Ended by going to bed at 9:30. So awesome...no, seriously, that was awesome! ;) Saturday morning we got up and met Team Mink at the Yellow Springs Farmer's Market. They are seasoned vets so I wanted to tag along and see all these goodies they rave about. They weren't kidding. It was booth after booth of fresh, organic, yummy looking produce...and baked goods. I don't do well purchasing produce at these markets though. I need the organization of the supermarket but that didn't stop me from making a purchase...one Bourbon Bacon Brownie to go, please! ;)  ugh. haha. 

After the market we came home and played a little...
In the bathtub. Water optional.



And after eSmallz ate, took a nap and woke back up we joined the Minks again in their kiddo heaven-on-earth backyard. E and Kathleen had a lot of fun playing in the sprinkler and kiddie pool -- this time Easton was less than excited about the water. Sam tried to help ease him into both the pool and the sprinkle ball but no love on either :( To the swings, then!!!

Cute, right? Oh just wait...it gets better...there's a tutu hiding under there!!

If Kathleen had her way she'd have the water from the sprinkler spray
on her while sitting in the pool.  I thought Easton liked the water...

The off-the-charts kiddo coolness factor never ends in this backyard...

Sam: C'mon, Easton, wanna play in the sprinkler?

Easton: Hell. No. Swings. Now.

I mean c'mon...the sunglasses, the tutu, Easton's
pregger belly...I die.

'sup parentals?

Sara helping Easton swing while his mother is acting like a tourist

doubled up! love it :)

Helping Kathleen with her shoe...adorable...

This kiddo is FEARLESS!


And adorable with those little pigtails!! :)
We said gracias and adios to Sam, Sara and Kathleen around 4:30 and headed back to casa de Anders. Mommy was heading out for a much overdue girls night out! A few of us spent a couple hours at The Wine Loft down at The Greene. The conversation was enjoyable but the service, not so much. I won't be returning there any time soon. No problem though because it was just nice to get away for a bit with the girls.

Sunday morning rolled around...

Mornin', Sunshine!

and eSmiggity and I were both happy to get Jace back. He cruised in about 2:30 and made someone's day...
A sweet, redneck, Carl Edwards 99 NASCAR teddy dog.
Easton's living every 16-month-old's dream...
 
Easton couldn't stand it. C'mon, kid, at least try
to act excited...
 So here's something to truly NOT get excited about...really??
homeboy is SO proud of this
After such an exciting weekend for my boys they finally hit their wall...a quick trip to The Numbers Farm followed by a riveting short of Tillie Knock Knock and it was lights out.


Hope you all have a great week -- it's a short one for us!!

Comments

  1. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these pictures Ali!! Especially the one of you giving Easton a kiss and the last one with Jace and Easton taking a nap. So cute!

    Miss you guys!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a note for Team Anders!

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing...Easton Douglas Anders!

Easton Douglas Anders - 3 days old More pictures @ http://www.our365.com/ He's here, he's here!!!  Jace and I welcomed our son Easton Douglas to the world this past Saturday, April 16th at 4:22 PM and we couldn't be more proud.  It was an awesome experience...not so much in the "incredibly cool, can't wait to do it again" context but genuinely in AWE of how mother nature and modern medicine can work together to ease a woman and efficiently deliver a baby.  Before I tell you all a little bit about our story (again, no worries, I won't blast all the nitty gritty across your screen) I must say a HUGE thank you to our staff at Winchester Hospital.  Though I know not a single of of those doctors, nurses and other staff members will read this they will forever hold a special place in our hearts for the outstanding service and love they showed all three of us!!  They exceeded any expectations Jace and I might have had and just had to throw that out there. ...

My Bachelorette Weekend

Jace has been in MN since Thursday braving the cold with  Team Franchise at the 2011 US Pond Hockey Championship .  The team made it to Sunday again this year but unfortunately couldn't get by the "Pulled Hammies" this morning to advance to the finals.  Better luck next year, boys! :( So, since he's been gone I've been catching up on projects around the homestead since it's been so damn cold outside.  On Thursday night I scanned in about 80 old family photos that I had received over the years from my Aunt Kathleen.  I decided to do this because I'm building an online baby book for mini-Ma$e and you can add pictures - thought it'd be fun to add some old family photos.  Anyway, I won't overload you with too many but here are some of my favorites...the rest can be viewed here . Moving on... Friday started off with another snowstorm - excellent.  Hanscom was open for business...well, that is, for everyone ex...

Trunk or Treat 2013

We just got back from Trunk or Treating at Easton's daycare...how flippin' fun (and pretty roarsome as Henry Hugglemonster would say). Mr. Blondie waiting for the trunk or treating to begin! Still figuring out that the chocolate must be unwrapped first. No hurry to explain :) Homeless Lion with a Market Basket bag. Score one for the parents. Some pretty creative pumpkins!