Skip to main content

Thankful

Hello friends! It's almost Turkey Time!! I love Thanksgiving...mostly because it provides a legitimate reason to wear sweatpants all day.  But really, who am I kidding, I wear sweatpants 90% of the time when I'm not in uniform #fashionfail.  

This is our CAG team enjoying a Thanksgiving potluck.
I wanted to die after the meal.
I plan to implement the same strategy this Thursday.

This year we are traveling back to MN again. The whole team. Wish us luck. I'll have the full report next Sunday but we're expecting an absolute gong show because unlike last year eSmallz is a toddler ('nuff said) and Rae is still crazy.

So before sharing a little about our weekend I wanted to drop in a few random "Thankful Fors...". Here goes (and please note family, friends and health are a given).

  1. I'm thankful for Google. Google and iExplorer. These two beauts helped me replace our entire iTunes library that I deleted last week and didn't realize until I did a test run of blasting some favorite Xmas tunes and NONE OF MY FILES COULD BE FOUND. This is what happens when I get a little overconfident with this here Mac ;)
  2. Moving back to Ohio. We have space to play, walk, and just breathe. The low cost of living  allows us to have tons of room for Easton and Rae (and Dayton's MetroParks are super fab!). Our commute to work is less than 10 minutes. And finally, the team of people I'm so lucky to work with are wonderful and I learn something new every day. Oh...and Graeters.
  3. My camera. I haven't ever really had a hobby outside of sports...except for awhile when I collected stamps...yes, true, I have some serious nerd tendencies. But photography and editing have really become something I enjoy when I'm not working.
  4. All the feedback I get from you all on this blog!! I love the conversations our posts generate and appreciate the time you spend keeping up with us as we bounce all over the country. :)
I have tons more but it's getting late so I must be moving on. Here's a look at how we spent this beautiful weekend! On Saturday we headed over to yet another great MetroPark -- Wegerzyn Gardens MetroPark and the Children's Discovery Garden. Easton had so much fun crusing all over the place! Check out my boys :)
















On our way home from the park we made our ritual stop at Target for things we really didn't need per se. :) One of the items that magically appeared in our cart (right next to our new Christmas tree) was an even bigger race car track then the one Jace bought for E last weekend. 


Last week's race track...

Easton now thinks it's a slide. He thinks
anything with a downslope is a slide...
I would also like to announce that Jacer put the bia together himself!!! Whaaaaat? 



Success!!
Easton spent the rest of the day racing cars and sticking his head in places where it probably should be.





And that was the last moment when tears weren't streaming down his face.
You saw that coming right?
Today was a repeat of our last few Sundays. Grocery store, hiking and football!




The last little tidbit to pass along to ya'll is that we've started to introduce Easton to potty training. It's going really well...
  
Hilarious. He almost pooped on the floor the other night so pretty sure this ride's going to be fun. :)

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone and don't forget those elastic waistband pants!! 

Comments

  1. I've been out of the blogging loop for a while! I just caught up on your posts! Great pictures! Safe travels to MN for turkey day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a note for Team Anders!

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing...Easton Douglas Anders!

Easton Douglas Anders - 3 days old More pictures @ http://www.our365.com/ He's here, he's here!!!  Jace and I welcomed our son Easton Douglas to the world this past Saturday, April 16th at 4:22 PM and we couldn't be more proud.  It was an awesome experience...not so much in the "incredibly cool, can't wait to do it again" context but genuinely in AWE of how mother nature and modern medicine can work together to ease a woman and efficiently deliver a baby.  Before I tell you all a little bit about our story (again, no worries, I won't blast all the nitty gritty across your screen) I must say a HUGE thank you to our staff at Winchester Hospital.  Though I know not a single of of those doctors, nurses and other staff members will read this they will forever hold a special place in our hearts for the outstanding service and love they showed all three of us!!  They exceeded any expectations Jace and I might have had and just had to throw that out there. ...

My Bachelorette Weekend

Jace has been in MN since Thursday braving the cold with  Team Franchise at the 2011 US Pond Hockey Championship .  The team made it to Sunday again this year but unfortunately couldn't get by the "Pulled Hammies" this morning to advance to the finals.  Better luck next year, boys! :( So, since he's been gone I've been catching up on projects around the homestead since it's been so damn cold outside.  On Thursday night I scanned in about 80 old family photos that I had received over the years from my Aunt Kathleen.  I decided to do this because I'm building an online baby book for mini-Ma$e and you can add pictures - thought it'd be fun to add some old family photos.  Anyway, I won't overload you with too many but here are some of my favorites...the rest can be viewed here . Moving on... Friday started off with another snowstorm - excellent.  Hanscom was open for business...well, that is, for everyone ex...

Trunk or Treat 2013

We just got back from Trunk or Treating at Easton's daycare...how flippin' fun (and pretty roarsome as Henry Hugglemonster would say). Mr. Blondie waiting for the trunk or treating to begin! Still figuring out that the chocolate must be unwrapped first. No hurry to explain :) Homeless Lion with a Market Basket bag. Score one for the parents. Some pretty creative pumpkins!