Skip to main content

GammaGampa Round 1

Oh my heavens I'm beyond in love with this photo!!
Easton & GammaGampa
My mom (aka GammaGampa) was in town for a way-too-quick visit last weekend. Jace was in Florida with his dad, Mr. Rod and Brian for their annual Grudge Cup (which I'm pleased to announce the young guys won) and my dad is off playing war somewhere in the Pacific so she came to see Easton and help me whittle down the "to-do" list that I can never seem to find time "to do".  So let's track our progress, shall we??

Friday:
I took leave and Easton headed off to school.  After numerous cups of coffee, trips to Target, Michael's, HomeGoods and the mall we turned this...
...into this!

She's a whiz w/some painter's tape, a tape measure, some 2" nails (oops)
and a hammer



Whoa! Wait, what?! Where'd all those people come from? Oh those aren't just people, those are OUR PEOPLE, Kewanee (area) types...these people are the Blakes!! These wonderful human beings are the people who make me think about butterfly pork chops on Labor Day, the "glory days" of high school sports, but mostly they make me remember how fortunate I was to grow up in a small town full of people who loved and cared about me. Now I know that's a bit romantic (so just bear with me) but this Air Force life gets a bit lonely from time to time and for the first time I really don't feel very connected to the community where we currently live so it's comforting to see friends and loved ones from back home and "fill up the tank" so to speak. Blah, blah, blah...I know...

Anyway, Courtney (in the killer orange blazer) and I were high school basketball teammates and played for that goofball in sunglasses holding Easton (her dad)!  Courtney and her fiancé, Matt (on the couch), live in Columbus -- on a side note, we've been here almost a year and have seen them only once. #FAIL! Anyway, Chuck and Sue, and Brad (Courtney's brother) and his wife Courtney were all in town for a concert and Court's bachelorette party. They were only able to stay for a quick 30 minute visit but it was wonderful -- and gave me a great reason to pick up the house! ;)

Chuck & Easton 

Easton (cooperating as well as he could at that moment) & Sue

No big deal, E, just kick it back, bro. It's not like this is a big deal
for Mommy or anything...just chill
After our guests headed out GammaGampa and I took E outside for a ride in his car and a test run of his new Mickey shades. They were a big hit!



OK so...Friday evening...bottle of Sauvingon Blanc, a Bonnie T. signature "what do you have in the fridge, oh, ok, throw it together somehow and make a fabulous meal" meal and finally picking out photos for the new wall resulted in a wrap on one helluva day!

Saturday:
The weather was supposed to be in the low 60's but we had some errands to knock out before enjoying the sun...luckily the sun took its sweet arse time coming out! First stop was Stride Rite for some new shoes.  Little Homie's been rocking his Mickey shoes for a solid six months and it was time to refresh for spring!  GammaGampa treated him to two pairs (one with anti-stink liner for his rancid smelling man feet) and some new socks :) We then had to (yes, had to...) pop over to Carters so I could grab a fun t-shirt (or two) to go with these bright orange pants I just bought him from Old Navy...

 

From there it was on to Chick-fil-A for a kid-approved lunch and some playtime in the indoor playground. Playtime lasted about 5 minutes because apparently the age restrictions posted on the door are fake and only for show...GammaGampa was NOT pleased. We ate waffle fries and all was forgotten. We headed home for dessert...
I had to conduct a "test run" for Easton's birthday.  Thanks, Gigi's, I approve. ;) 
With Easton (and Mommy) adequately amp'd with sugar...it was time for a nap. (hmmm...) It took a few rounds of "Llama, Llama" and a long read of "Duck Book" and the little dude was sawing logs. Fast forward two hours and Easton was up and at 'em.  It was time to go visit the Chapins. I had some geek squad-like things to take care of for them (takes me back to my lieutenant days) and the weather was just right for some golf...


He loves throwing things and saying "catch"!
Golf balls included....eeeek!
Look at his tongue...hilarious!
GammaGampa passing along some
SCW tips
and from the archives...here's what Easton looked like when we visited Col C and Joan last May...
 







So we wrapped up golf lessons and headed home for some more outside time -- it was another super fabulous and productive day :)



Sunday:
Oh, Sunday...boo...it was time for mom to head home :( It always stinks to say goodbye to our family...but she and Gampa will be back in May so that makes it just a little bit easier.  Easton was sad when he realized that she was gone, too, so I distracted him with a trip to a new park. Mission success!! And I felt like a true Mommy as I made a new friend at the park. She's a military spouse and their family moved from Hanscom as their last assignment, too! We also have a few friends in common and it's always fun to realize how small our Air Force is at times :)




hmmm...so now I see that this picture is creepy...
So that was our weekend. It was wonderful...and now Jace is home so that's even better! Time to catch up on our DVR shows...

Comments

  1. I love SO many things about this post!!! First, your mom rocks!!! Love it when moms come in and save the day :-). Second, that wall of frames is inspiring. LOVE IT!!!! Third, old friends are the best!! I love how they can fill the tank. And then you feel whole again. Sigh. Fourth, that little man of yours is the cutest little guy ever. You need to have more...hee hee!!! And, finally, I love how you laid out this post. I still need to take time to go through the stuff you sent me. Geez. It WILL happen some day!!! But I love the before & after shot and the clothes and the collage. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a note for Team Anders!

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing...Easton Douglas Anders!

Easton Douglas Anders - 3 days old More pictures @ http://www.our365.com/ He's here, he's here!!!  Jace and I welcomed our son Easton Douglas to the world this past Saturday, April 16th at 4:22 PM and we couldn't be more proud.  It was an awesome experience...not so much in the "incredibly cool, can't wait to do it again" context but genuinely in AWE of how mother nature and modern medicine can work together to ease a woman and efficiently deliver a baby.  Before I tell you all a little bit about our story (again, no worries, I won't blast all the nitty gritty across your screen) I must say a HUGE thank you to our staff at Winchester Hospital.  Though I know not a single of of those doctors, nurses and other staff members will read this they will forever hold a special place in our hearts for the outstanding service and love they showed all three of us!!  They exceeded any expectations Jace and I might have had and just had to throw that out there. ...

My Bachelorette Weekend

Jace has been in MN since Thursday braving the cold with  Team Franchise at the 2011 US Pond Hockey Championship .  The team made it to Sunday again this year but unfortunately couldn't get by the "Pulled Hammies" this morning to advance to the finals.  Better luck next year, boys! :( So, since he's been gone I've been catching up on projects around the homestead since it's been so damn cold outside.  On Thursday night I scanned in about 80 old family photos that I had received over the years from my Aunt Kathleen.  I decided to do this because I'm building an online baby book for mini-Ma$e and you can add pictures - thought it'd be fun to add some old family photos.  Anyway, I won't overload you with too many but here are some of my favorites...the rest can be viewed here . Moving on... Friday started off with another snowstorm - excellent.  Hanscom was open for business...well, that is, for everyone ex...

Trunk or Treat 2013

We just got back from Trunk or Treating at Easton's daycare...how flippin' fun (and pretty roarsome as Henry Hugglemonster would say). Mr. Blondie waiting for the trunk or treating to begin! Still figuring out that the chocolate must be unwrapped first. No hurry to explain :) Homeless Lion with a Market Basket bag. Score one for the parents. Some pretty creative pumpkins!