Skip to main content

Happy Birthday, America -- and JT!

A creative way to mask the corner he'd already bitten off
Happy Birthday, Jeff!!
Jeffrey flew up to visit the Tomlinson/Anders for a 4th of July/early birthday weekend and his reward was boatloads of rain. We wanted to golf...it rained. We planned to hit the zoo...it rained. So we read lots of books, played in the house and ate and drank our way through the weekend. 

On Friday night my parents took us all out to dinner at The Oakwood Club to celebrate JT's big day a few days early.  I think it's been decided that The Oakwood Club is our restaurant of choice for a nice evening out.  The fact you can make reservations and use a credit card puts it at a slight advantage over The Pine Club. Ever so slight though...
 

Dad demonstrating one of his new bar tricks



On Saturday night we had a "cookout" at home and celebrated JT's big day again with a Reese's cake from The Cake Shop. We capped off the evening with an side-splitting game of Loaded Questions. Seriously...there were times during the game when I couldn't breathe I was laughing so hard...and I can't be 100% certain I didn't pee my pants. Just sayin. It was fun. Oh and BTW, who knew that Roy Oswalt killed JFK? Someone should really send the Rockies' manager a heads up.

Jeff with his birthday card from Dad. I couldn't tell who was laughing
more...JT or Dad. Either way, well played, DT. 
 

On Sunday the rain finally lifted and the skies were clear so we were at least able to go throw some rocks. And Easton quickly located the 500 huge puddles all over the neighborhood so that was fun, too.



+Bonnie Tomlinson the speed racer!
Great job, Grandma!!

He does the cutest little "wind up" when
he starts running. I kinda still hope he does
this when he's 15.







There are some pretty wildflowers/weeds (you be the judge) growing all over
Jeff had to leave on Sunday evening to get back to Dallas but not before a quick family photo. I had a lot of fun learning how to use PSE11's Photomerge feature.  Both photos below each have one portion edited. Can you tell what's not "really" there? The second one is more obvious...


 
Thanks for coming to visit us, +Jeffrey Tomlinson! We love you :)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing...Easton Douglas Anders!

Easton Douglas Anders - 3 days old More pictures @ http://www.our365.com/ He's here, he's here!!!  Jace and I welcomed our son Easton Douglas to the world this past Saturday, April 16th at 4:22 PM and we couldn't be more proud.  It was an awesome experience...not so much in the "incredibly cool, can't wait to do it again" context but genuinely in AWE of how mother nature and modern medicine can work together to ease a woman and efficiently deliver a baby.  Before I tell you all a little bit about our story (again, no worries, I won't blast all the nitty gritty across your screen) I must say a HUGE thank you to our staff at Winchester Hospital.  Though I know not a single of of those doctors, nurses and other staff members will read this they will forever hold a special place in our hearts for the outstanding service and love they showed all three of us!!  They exceeded any expectations Jace and I might have had and just had to throw that out there. ...

My Bachelorette Weekend

Jace has been in MN since Thursday braving the cold with  Team Franchise at the 2011 US Pond Hockey Championship .  The team made it to Sunday again this year but unfortunately couldn't get by the "Pulled Hammies" this morning to advance to the finals.  Better luck next year, boys! :( So, since he's been gone I've been catching up on projects around the homestead since it's been so damn cold outside.  On Thursday night I scanned in about 80 old family photos that I had received over the years from my Aunt Kathleen.  I decided to do this because I'm building an online baby book for mini-Ma$e and you can add pictures - thought it'd be fun to add some old family photos.  Anyway, I won't overload you with too many but here are some of my favorites...the rest can be viewed here . Moving on... Friday started off with another snowstorm - excellent.  Hanscom was open for business...well, that is, for everyone ex...

Trunk or Treat 2013

We just got back from Trunk or Treating at Easton's daycare...how flippin' fun (and pretty roarsome as Henry Hugglemonster would say). Mr. Blondie waiting for the trunk or treating to begin! Still figuring out that the chocolate must be unwrapped first. No hurry to explain :) Homeless Lion with a Market Basket bag. Score one for the parents. Some pretty creative pumpkins!