Five full work days sure makes for a long week, sheesh! Coming back from Thanksgiving is always tough - but here are a few things that helped me power through the week...
Signing off for the weekend...big day in the Anders household tomorrow...BH is in the money game for his fantasy league so send some good vibes to Chris Johnson and the Broncos D. OH and if you're reading this via email take a trip out to our blog and check out the new Christmas facelift - YEAY! :)
#1. Authorization to blast my Christmas music!!!! Jace (a.k.a and to be referred to during the entire month of December as bah humbug (BH)) has a pretty strict December 1st Christmas music start policy so I am so very joyful once the 1st rolls around.
The X-mas tunes make me feel connected to my family and I look forward to breaking them out every year (I'd easily play them all year long). I can close my eyes and remember the cold Illinois winter and walking into the house to see our festive tree covered in lights and ornaments from both Jeff's and my adventures in school art projects. The fireplace is crackling, my Dad is rockin' his Santa hat and watching "A Charlie Brown Christmas" with Jeff and Mom's baking some cookies she bought from the latest school fundraiser (like mother, like daughter). Tying the whole scene together is a random mix of Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton singing about "A Christmas to Remember", Alabama spouting off some "Thistlehair The Christmas Bear" and John Denver still making me chuckle with "Please Daddy Don't Get Drunk This Christmas". These songs really make me feel like I'm right back home with my family - something I don't get to do very often! And that's why I love Christmas music (even though you didn't ask) :) Now that I've bored you already...take a listen to some of these gems:
The X-mas tunes make me feel connected to my family and I look forward to breaking them out every year (I'd easily play them all year long). I can close my eyes and remember the cold Illinois winter and walking into the house to see our festive tree covered in lights and ornaments from both Jeff's and my adventures in school art projects. The fireplace is crackling, my Dad is rockin' his Santa hat and watching "A Charlie Brown Christmas" with Jeff and Mom's baking some cookies she bought from the latest school fundraiser (like mother, like daughter). Tying the whole scene together is a random mix of Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton singing about "A Christmas to Remember", Alabama spouting off some "Thistlehair The Christmas Bear" and John Denver still making me chuckle with "Please Daddy Don't Get Drunk This Christmas". These songs really make me feel like I'm right back home with my family - something I don't get to do very often! And that's why I love Christmas music (even though you didn't ask) :) Now that I've bored you already...take a listen to some of these gems:
#2. Lighting up our majestic 2ft Christmas tree!!
Our brilliant 4 footer was on a steady decline since 2009 so last year it had to be retired. This beauty replacement cost less than $10.00 and combined with the $2.50 strand of lights wrapped around its ginormous trunk I'd say that's one heck of a deal! (eSmallz' stuff is occupying all the prime real estate in the apartment these days so we're on a temporary downsize)
Our brilliant 4 footer was on a steady decline since 2009 so last year it had to be retired. This beauty replacement cost less than $10.00 and combined with the $2.50 strand of lights wrapped around its ginormous trunk I'd say that's one heck of a deal! (eSmallz' stuff is occupying all the prime real estate in the apartment these days so we're on a temporary downsize)
| Oh, Christmas Tree, oh, Christmas Tree...how tiny are your branches!!! |
#3. Popping that first piece of .034392 ounce chocolate out of my "24 Chocolate Days 'til Christmas" advent calendar my mom bought me during her last visit!
She got BH one, too, but I generally eat his... oh BH...
She got BH one, too, but I generally eat his... oh BH...
| scrumptious! |
4. Sending off our 2011 Christmas cards...
And being able to post them online to save some trees and $$ - Wishing you Joy & Peace, Ya'll!!!
And being able to post them online to save some trees and $$ - Wishing you Joy & Peace, Ya'll!!!
So those are some of my Christmasy highlights from the week...In other news, Easton got kicked out of daycare on Monday afternoon after he projectile vomited twice all over his classroom - keepin' it classy, Anders. We're now wondering if he's become intolerant of a fruit or veggie in his diet...back to formula only and reintroducing foods one at a time.
Kiddo's beginning to get the hang of putting his knees under himself (for a brief second at least) and also had another first this weekend when he rode in the cart at BJ's without his carseat - holler, ya big boy!! ;) His hair is slowly coming in - so cute as it flips out in the back in little curls. Daddy says he's working on his hockey hair! And lastly, he sat himself up from laying on the ground for the first time today...I know, I know, you're so excited you can barely stand it. Me too!
Kiddo's beginning to get the hang of putting his knees under himself (for a brief second at least) and also had another first this weekend when he rode in the cart at BJ's without his carseat - holler, ya big boy!! ;) His hair is slowly coming in - so cute as it flips out in the back in little curls. Daddy says he's working on his hockey hair! And lastly, he sat himself up from laying on the ground for the first time today...I know, I know, you're so excited you can barely stand it. Me too!
| Ok you ready, Mom? |
| Look how I do... |
| Sadly, his one second was up... |
![]() |
| This is rad because I can TOTALLY get my flirt on much better from this angle |
| Didn't realize my auto focus was off so bummer on the crap picture but you get the point....HAIR! |
| Just wanted to let you know that he still likes plastic I know you were curious |
![]() |
| Just a random shot but I love this penguin sweater - and I think BH put it on the short list of "Things Easton Will Never Wear Again" |
![]() |
| Hey cutie pie :) OMG his ears just kill me!! |
| Rae likes Christmas as much as BH |
![]() |
| So Rae's reindeer antlers are now our 2ft tree topper - WT!! |





Oh such a cutie Easton is!
ReplyDeleteI loved your Christmas card, just got it today! And I am so with you on Christmas music...I love it and love everything about Christmas!
Happy Holidays Anders Family!