Skip to main content

Home Sweet Home For Christmas

Hello my beloved blogosphere, oh how I've missed you! It's been two weeks since I last chronicled the Team Anders' happenings but it feels like a month! Lots has happened here so let me catch you all up...

As I mentioned in my sugar-laced post from the 18th, the Team has uprooted ourselves from Reading and moved to Hanscom AFB. We enlisted the help of our absolutely wonderful friends to help us move on Friday the 23rd and, after my mom's helpful but WAY too short visit, I'm happy to report that the Team is settled! Both Jace and I feel a little bit more like we actually have a home here now. The space is amazing and we're both so excited to have a yard for the little guy (and girl)!

Here's our new pad...Take note of the incredibly festive decorations on
our front porch. Those, my friends, are "Santa Bullets"
These things are so dang cute they needed
their own close up. Vintage Tomlinson family
decorations that I hijacked years ago :)
Willing to work for beer & pizza :) Thanks you guys, love you so much!
Ok so now it's on to the good stuff...CHRISTMAS, CHRISTMAS, and more CHRISTMAS!! I say it three times because...well who cares why Christmas is the bomb. After a kicking back with a gourmet Christmas Eve dinner in our new home
Rae! Rae! Look up at the camera!
So captivated by the Christmas Eve turkey burgers
 we woke up early Sunday morning, relocated the tree and gifts from the kitchen
Nice work, Big Guy
 to the living room...

You can barely see it but Majestic is back there

and let the Little Homie GO NUTS!!!

OMG M&D what is this shiny loveliness?
(gotta love that WT diaper just poking it's head out of his pants...
makes for some really classy shots)

Ho, Ho, WHOA!!!!

Well I shook it...what next?

Oh, you mean, just destroy it?

Happy baby!!! (thx for the assist, Pops!)
Santa was super to little E this year...he brought him some new clothes (which is great b/c I think he went through a growth spurt lately and has totally outgrown the 6 month stuff we were getting some additional mileage out of) and some super fun new toys. Thank you to all of Santa's helpers out there who really spoiled our little boy - there were some VERY large smiles on Mom & Dad's faces :) Here are a few more shots from our 1st Christmas at the new house:

In a shocking turn of events, Easton tried to eat the wrapping paper

Checking out some of the new gear Santa brought him

More unwrapping goodness

Don't be thinking that Mom's the only one
wearing crazy hats on X-mas morning...

Hey, Santa, your holiday is pretty excellent

Santa didn't forget Rae. Can you tell what this is? 

Easton's new walker toy....LOVE :)

Couldn't resist...aren't these little guys so cute?
So we wrapped up our Christmas morning at home and headed over to our friends Frank & Erin's house for Christmas brunch. The second she opened the door my mouth began to water...she had a super delish french toast casserole and an egg bake in the oven and their house smelled amazing! My mouth also began to water when Jeff and Christie Hajner walked through the door with a bottle of Baileys but I digress... :) Frank & Erin's son Frankie and little Smallz had fun playing with one another and the rest of us older children had fun yackin' away. I brought my camera in but it didn't leave its case...#WannaBePhotogFail.

After we stuffed ourselves silly and Easton was ready for his nap we packed up the D-jo and made our annual trek to Scituate for Christmas with the Rodgers family...that's when Christmas kicked into high gear! We've spent our last three Christmases as guests of Kevin and Patty Rodgers (Brian's parents) at their family generosity-fest and each year seems to top the next! Just walking into their house makes my soul smile...regardless of the season (but they most definitely KILL IT during Christmas). The pictures tell the story so I'll stop writing now and let you see all the beauty decorations for yourself:
Yea, it's real...the smell was heavenly!!











OK so now you get the idea...The Rodgers house = Christmas!!! Love it. Here are some more shots of all the great fun we have with everyone:

Brendan & Jake Marcoux opening their "checking buddy" - good times
to be had with that guy

More hockey stuff

Nana and her new Red Sox bobble head -
 Jace loves buying her one every year :)

Rae and Murphy (Den & Kelli's new puppy)

Kiddo loves him some bottles

Tyler is getting so big!!
And Ella is too! 

Nana & Easton 
So many toys...Smallz was in heaven


The beautiful Rodgers family 

There are literally gifts EVERYWHERE...it's like Santa's workshop

One of my most favorite places on Earth...the Rodgers kitchen :)
So many wonderful memories here!

Cookies!!!

No shortage of calories at this party 
Snowman marshmallow cookies - they were SO good

If you look closely there's a blur right above Nana's walker - that's
Brendan...and he's a blur in EVERY photo I took of this scene. Hilarious.

The "blur" I previously mentioned tuckered Rae right out...

Jace's best gift of the night - the Grudge Cup
loser trophy...

So that about wraps up our holiday festivities. Though belated, I hope you all had a wonderful time celebrating in your own special way!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing...Easton Douglas Anders!

Easton Douglas Anders - 3 days old More pictures @ http://www.our365.com/ He's here, he's here!!!  Jace and I welcomed our son Easton Douglas to the world this past Saturday, April 16th at 4:22 PM and we couldn't be more proud.  It was an awesome experience...not so much in the "incredibly cool, can't wait to do it again" context but genuinely in AWE of how mother nature and modern medicine can work together to ease a woman and efficiently deliver a baby.  Before I tell you all a little bit about our story (again, no worries, I won't blast all the nitty gritty across your screen) I must say a HUGE thank you to our staff at Winchester Hospital.  Though I know not a single of of those doctors, nurses and other staff members will read this they will forever hold a special place in our hearts for the outstanding service and love they showed all three of us!!  They exceeded any expectations Jace and I might have had and just had to throw that out there. ...

My Bachelorette Weekend

Jace has been in MN since Thursday braving the cold with  Team Franchise at the 2011 US Pond Hockey Championship .  The team made it to Sunday again this year but unfortunately couldn't get by the "Pulled Hammies" this morning to advance to the finals.  Better luck next year, boys! :( So, since he's been gone I've been catching up on projects around the homestead since it's been so damn cold outside.  On Thursday night I scanned in about 80 old family photos that I had received over the years from my Aunt Kathleen.  I decided to do this because I'm building an online baby book for mini-Ma$e and you can add pictures - thought it'd be fun to add some old family photos.  Anyway, I won't overload you with too many but here are some of my favorites...the rest can be viewed here . Moving on... Friday started off with another snowstorm - excellent.  Hanscom was open for business...well, that is, for everyone ex...

Trunk or Treat 2013

We just got back from Trunk or Treating at Easton's daycare...how flippin' fun (and pretty roarsome as Henry Hugglemonster would say). Mr. Blondie waiting for the trunk or treating to begin! Still figuring out that the chocolate must be unwrapped first. No hurry to explain :) Homeless Lion with a Market Basket bag. Score one for the parents. Some pretty creative pumpkins!