Today's a rather dreary New England day...where did all our sunshine go?? We had some record breaking temps around here over the past week so the after-work walks have been in full effect! The bright side of this drizzly, gray day is that I don't feel as guilty sitting around watching hoops, fiddlin' on the computer and hanging out being lazy.
Our weeks are starting to fill up with all sorts of events as our time here in Boston draws to a close. Jace had a fun golf and NCAA hoops watching extravaganza on Thursday and yesterday was our good friends Pete & Crystal's "Jack & Jill" wedding shower. It was a nice end to the evening after the disappointment of the AF hockey game..sweet call, ref.
Pete & Crystal during their J&J dance
Crys & Meghan -- beauties!!
Hi Liz :)
The source of my food hangover this morning
All the food was homemade -- right down to the cute little chocolate mice on each of the desserts (1 Hershey's Kiss, 1 maraschino cherry -- all dipped in chocolate!)
All cleaned up :)
So you're probably wondering what the heck the "viral" part of the title is all about. Well in the interest of sharing a little grossness...I think Easton picked up a little Hand, Foot & Mouth Disease from our beloved CDC. Oh the joys of group childcare...they had a warning sign up the other day that some other kid had it so guess it was just a matter of time. Not a huge deal and it just has to run its course but looks nastified...see?
Aw...our little diseased Homie
Eeew, right? Well hopefully the weather will return to "normal" this week and we can resume our outdoor play. Super excited for Friday night to roll around because Liz and I won a game of Taboo against Jace and Danny so the boys owe us dinner...and they're paying up at Abe & Louies!! Hope you all have a fabulous week -- and a happy early birthday to my beautiful mama (Wednesday)!
I'll leave you with a clip of Easton playing his new favorite game. Trying to practice standing and taking a step on his own but he just likes to stand and fall...laughs his butt off every time. No progress made on the walking front but it's fun for all players :)
Easton Douglas Anders - 3 days old More pictures @ http://www.our365.com/ He's here, he's here!!! Jace and I welcomed our son Easton Douglas to the world this past Saturday, April 16th at 4:22 PM and we couldn't be more proud. It was an awesome experience...not so much in the "incredibly cool, can't wait to do it again" context but genuinely in AWE of how mother nature and modern medicine can work together to ease a woman and efficiently deliver a baby. Before I tell you all a little bit about our story (again, no worries, I won't blast all the nitty gritty across your screen) I must say a HUGE thank you to our staff at Winchester Hospital. Though I know not a single of of those doctors, nurses and other staff members will read this they will forever hold a special place in our hearts for the outstanding service and love they showed all three of us!! They exceeded any expectations Jace and I might have had and just had to throw that out there. ...
Jace has been in MN since Thursday braving the cold with Team Franchise at the 2011 US Pond Hockey Championship . The team made it to Sunday again this year but unfortunately couldn't get by the "Pulled Hammies" this morning to advance to the finals. Better luck next year, boys! :( So, since he's been gone I've been catching up on projects around the homestead since it's been so damn cold outside. On Thursday night I scanned in about 80 old family photos that I had received over the years from my Aunt Kathleen. I decided to do this because I'm building an online baby book for mini-Ma$e and you can add pictures - thought it'd be fun to add some old family photos. Anyway, I won't overload you with too many but here are some of my favorites...the rest can be viewed here . Moving on... Friday started off with another snowstorm - excellent. Hanscom was open for business...well, that is, for everyone ex...
We just got back from Trunk or Treating at Easton's daycare...how flippin' fun (and pretty roarsome as Henry Hugglemonster would say). Mr. Blondie waiting for the trunk or treating to begin! Still figuring out that the chocolate must be unwrapped first. No hurry to explain :) Homeless Lion with a Market Basket bag. Score one for the parents. Some pretty creative pumpkins!
I love your hair color Ali! Just beautiful!
ReplyDelete