What a great weekend for Team Anders. This was our first weekend together sans guests or family in what seems like quite a while so we logged lots of family fun and we even knocked out another milestone in our little homie's life...his first haircut! Now I know many of you (myself included) are sad to see those adorable little curls go but they were getting super nappy...
kiddo. in pajamas. at Bob Evans. looks homeless.
So after we hauled in a less-than-stellar Bob Evans breakfast (the hot spot and The Fers have spoiled us for life...note to self: we need a good D-town breakfast place) we knocked out another swim lesson at Tops and headed over to Cookie Cutters near the Dayton Mall. Super fun little joint but unfortunately I think Rae could have cut his hair better... Anyway, come, re-live this moment with us...
Mount up, Easton. He was super pumped
because that's the same little car thingy
we push him around in...though ours has
straps...why wouldn't theirs?? anyway...
Ready to say adios to the baby mullet... :(
Little Homie currently mesmerized by
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse! He wouldn't have known
if he was getting a tattoo at that moment..."aHi Kids!"
Show us what you're working with...
The final touches
Ta-Da!
And for all your hard-core Team Anders fans (haha) here's the video:
So this wasn't as hard on me as I thought it would be. As much as loved looking at those cute little curls his hair was all over the place and he was starting to look crazy because his hair on top is still so short. I know they'll grow back (and hopefully more evenly now) so I'll just wait :)
Later on that afternoon we embarked on a mission to find our new fall hiking spot and tried out the Creekside Trail that passes through Beavercreek. Though I don't think this will work out for our pre-football strolls (most definitely don't want to be "those people" who trip a biker with a dog leash) we discovered a really neat September 11th memorial at the Beavercreek Station. Beavercreek really has some great monuments within the town...and the bike path makes me want to buy a bike soon.
Easton, Rae and a bicycle beaver.
Not something you see everyday.
Beautiful trail -- now we just need bikes!
Beautiful memorial...
A piece of the World Trade Center tower (not sure
which one) is the centerpiece of the memorial
Unless Jace and I both missed it there wasn't anything
to explain this so we're assuming the hatched looking etch
marks represent where the steel came from... ?
Today's been great, too! We took our family trip to the beautiful Kroger Marketplace just down the street, Jace knocked out the laundry and I've been getting things ready for the week. Mom comes back from her adventures in IL on Wednesday as Jace heads out for Boston. I'll join him on Thursday evening and then it's FINALLY time for The Foster Wedding on Friday! Can't wait to see all our friends and wear my new BR dress (thanks, Mom!)
I'll leave you with a few better shots of his hair...and look how big he's grown since the same 10 month photos in his crib (he'll be 15 months old tomorrow).
Easton Douglas Anders - 3 days old More pictures @ http://www.our365.com/ He's here, he's here!!! Jace and I welcomed our son Easton Douglas to the world this past Saturday, April 16th at 4:22 PM and we couldn't be more proud. It was an awesome experience...not so much in the "incredibly cool, can't wait to do it again" context but genuinely in AWE of how mother nature and modern medicine can work together to ease a woman and efficiently deliver a baby. Before I tell you all a little bit about our story (again, no worries, I won't blast all the nitty gritty across your screen) I must say a HUGE thank you to our staff at Winchester Hospital. Though I know not a single of of those doctors, nurses and other staff members will read this they will forever hold a special place in our hearts for the outstanding service and love they showed all three of us!! They exceeded any expectations Jace and I might have had and just had to throw that out there. ...
Jace has been in MN since Thursday braving the cold with Team Franchise at the 2011 US Pond Hockey Championship . The team made it to Sunday again this year but unfortunately couldn't get by the "Pulled Hammies" this morning to advance to the finals. Better luck next year, boys! :( So, since he's been gone I've been catching up on projects around the homestead since it's been so damn cold outside. On Thursday night I scanned in about 80 old family photos that I had received over the years from my Aunt Kathleen. I decided to do this because I'm building an online baby book for mini-Ma$e and you can add pictures - thought it'd be fun to add some old family photos. Anyway, I won't overload you with too many but here are some of my favorites...the rest can be viewed here . Moving on... Friday started off with another snowstorm - excellent. Hanscom was open for business...well, that is, for everyone ex...
We just got back from Trunk or Treating at Easton's daycare...how flippin' fun (and pretty roarsome as Henry Hugglemonster would say). Mr. Blondie waiting for the trunk or treating to begin! Still figuring out that the chocolate must be unwrapped first. No hurry to explain :) Homeless Lion with a Market Basket bag. Score one for the parents. Some pretty creative pumpkins!
Adorable haircut! He did such a good job!!
ReplyDelete