Skip to main content

Week 8 Potpourri

Lots of random stuff going on in the Team Anders world over the past week, wow! As you all know, Easton started daycare last Monday at the Hanscom CDC. He adjusted wonderfully and his teachers have nothing but great things to say about him so I've chalked that up to a successful first week. In the category of milestones, Easton knocked out an 8-hour stretch of sleep last Wednesday night...slept just long enough to wake up and say goodbye to Jace as he headed home to Minnesota for Mike Okey and Blair Hawkinson's wedding. Of course, that's yet to be repeated though ;)
Mike & Blair...always havin' fun!
Congrats Mr. & Mrs :)
Okey is one of Jace's best friends from back home and one of the first people I met when Jace and I first got together (and was also present during one of my most embarrassing moments ever -- sorry, Albion Ridge GC). I was pretty bummed that I couldn't be there to celebrate with everyone but thought it was just a bit early to put little man on an airplane...too bad :(  Anyway, Jace also got to see his family and many of his good friends again.  He also got to spend an early Father's Day at Target Field watching the Twins with Dean...not a bad gift for either one of them! As I do with every trip Jace goes on, I shove the camera in his face and ask him to take pictures...this time he actually listened! Here are some pictures from the festivities. The full album can be seen on Jace's Facebook page.
Blair & Mike Okey
Congrats again you two!!
Okey & Jace before the ceremony
Nelly & the birthday boy (Happy B-day, Chuck!)
Charlie, Deano & Jace
Legit bow tie, Chuck! 
Mrs. Okey & Jace
Jace & Mr. Okey
Lots of love for Mr. Anders in the "Mecca"
Erin & Charlie :)
Andy Gray, Jace & Tim Strand 
Newlyweds Dave & Amy Griggs
Married 28 May 11
While Jace was away Easton, Rae and I held down the fort here in Reading. We did our traditional Saturday morning breakfast with Pete & Crystal then hit up Old Navy (which was the highlight of Easton's weekend I'm sure). After that outing I was so sick of dealing with the rain that we hunkered down at The Commons. We had a few visitors swing by on Saturday and Sunday which was so much fun and definitely helped to pass the time w/out Jace! Amber and Michelle, two Lts who live in our apartment complex, and a friend from work stopped by to play with Easton (and Rae, too). We had fun just hanging out, watching TV and catching up :) 

Thanks, Cousin Kel Kel for my new blanket!
Floyd the Pig reppin' for the Hog Capital :) 
Amber, Easton and Michelle
(Michelle's a blinker - sorry, woman)
Spent lots of time throwin' that frog w/Rae

Hi Amber...I think I like you :)

Yep, I really do.
Arts & crafts time :)
Lastly, I've noticed that Easton's really starting to focus on and follow moving objects. His favorite things to watch are the sheep and stars hanging from his swing mobile. He's also started to make some adorable little cooing noises so I tried to capture both in this video. 

Wishing you all a fabulous week!!! Easton turns 2 months on Thursday so we'll have more pictures then :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing...Easton Douglas Anders!

Easton Douglas Anders - 3 days old More pictures @ http://www.our365.com/ He's here, he's here!!!  Jace and I welcomed our son Easton Douglas to the world this past Saturday, April 16th at 4:22 PM and we couldn't be more proud.  It was an awesome experience...not so much in the "incredibly cool, can't wait to do it again" context but genuinely in AWE of how mother nature and modern medicine can work together to ease a woman and efficiently deliver a baby.  Before I tell you all a little bit about our story (again, no worries, I won't blast all the nitty gritty across your screen) I must say a HUGE thank you to our staff at Winchester Hospital.  Though I know not a single of of those doctors, nurses and other staff members will read this they will forever hold a special place in our hearts for the outstanding service and love they showed all three of us!!  They exceeded any expectations Jace and I might have had and just had to throw that out there. ...

My Bachelorette Weekend

Jace has been in MN since Thursday braving the cold with  Team Franchise at the 2011 US Pond Hockey Championship .  The team made it to Sunday again this year but unfortunately couldn't get by the "Pulled Hammies" this morning to advance to the finals.  Better luck next year, boys! :( So, since he's been gone I've been catching up on projects around the homestead since it's been so damn cold outside.  On Thursday night I scanned in about 80 old family photos that I had received over the years from my Aunt Kathleen.  I decided to do this because I'm building an online baby book for mini-Ma$e and you can add pictures - thought it'd be fun to add some old family photos.  Anyway, I won't overload you with too many but here are some of my favorites...the rest can be viewed here . Moving on... Friday started off with another snowstorm - excellent.  Hanscom was open for business...well, that is, for everyone ex...

Trunk or Treat 2013

We just got back from Trunk or Treating at Easton's daycare...how flippin' fun (and pretty roarsome as Henry Hugglemonster would say). Mr. Blondie waiting for the trunk or treating to begin! Still figuring out that the chocolate must be unwrapped first. No hurry to explain :) Homeless Lion with a Market Basket bag. Score one for the parents. Some pretty creative pumpkins!