Skip to main content

Squeaky Smallz

Channeling my inner blowfish!!
Happy Sunday everyone! Wow it's a beautiful day in New England today. Hope it's nice wherever you are reading this :) This week was a busy one for me and Jace. I had to travel again so spent Monday - Wednesday back in O'Fallon, IL with our user community at Air Mobility Command (from Scott AFB). We had to travel out there one last time to better understand their requirements for an upcoming acquisition. They tell us what they want and then it's up to us at Hanscom to put the specifics onto paper and ask industry to bid for the work. So we had a day and a half of excruciatingly detailed discussions and then I headed home to see my homies!

Many people have asked me how I'm dealing with being back to work and the travel. I've got to say that I'm really enjoying being back and being able to fully participate in all the job requires...even though it does take me away from my family from time to time. I have found the transition to be a lot easier than I had anticipated, which, if I'm being honest, makes me kind of scratch my head a bit. I was told by numerous women that their first days back to work were some of the worst of their lives so I was really dreading it. Fortunately, it hasn't played out that way for me but maybe it just confirms that I am truly a workaholic :( Sorry E...

So I cannot believe August is less than 12 hours away! I mean seriously, where in the he-- does time go? This month is going to be nutzola for us. Jace left at 3:30 this morning for Dayton, OH where he'll be in class for the next two weeks. He returns on Friday the 12th and then I leave again for another work trip (Washington D.C.) on the 16th. Jace and I will do a high-five on the 18th when I return and he shoots out the door for his golf trip with Brian, Dean and Kevin. Thank goodness my Mom's coming out on the morning of the 18th to see her grandson before her late summer/early fall schedule is crammed with retirement goodness! I'm sure she'll tell you all about the great stuff she has planned on her blog (yea Mom this is the 2nd plug for your blog...is it helping you get to work?)

Well without any further delay here are some recent pics and a video. I'm trying to learn this new slideshow feature on Picasa so this is going to be my test post - hope it goes well and let me know what you think. The video is about 3 minutes of random clips from the last few weeks...standard disclaimer! ;)



Comments

  1. Making crazy noises and STILL rocking that Harry Potter mark - this one's a WINNER!!!! LOVE, Uncle Jeff

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a note for Team Anders!

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing...Easton Douglas Anders!

Easton Douglas Anders - 3 days old More pictures @ http://www.our365.com/ He's here, he's here!!!  Jace and I welcomed our son Easton Douglas to the world this past Saturday, April 16th at 4:22 PM and we couldn't be more proud.  It was an awesome experience...not so much in the "incredibly cool, can't wait to do it again" context but genuinely in AWE of how mother nature and modern medicine can work together to ease a woman and efficiently deliver a baby.  Before I tell you all a little bit about our story (again, no worries, I won't blast all the nitty gritty across your screen) I must say a HUGE thank you to our staff at Winchester Hospital.  Though I know not a single of of those doctors, nurses and other staff members will read this they will forever hold a special place in our hearts for the outstanding service and love they showed all three of us!!  They exceeded any expectations Jace and I might have had and just had to throw that out there. ...

My Bachelorette Weekend

Jace has been in MN since Thursday braving the cold with  Team Franchise at the 2011 US Pond Hockey Championship .  The team made it to Sunday again this year but unfortunately couldn't get by the "Pulled Hammies" this morning to advance to the finals.  Better luck next year, boys! :( So, since he's been gone I've been catching up on projects around the homestead since it's been so damn cold outside.  On Thursday night I scanned in about 80 old family photos that I had received over the years from my Aunt Kathleen.  I decided to do this because I'm building an online baby book for mini-Ma$e and you can add pictures - thought it'd be fun to add some old family photos.  Anyway, I won't overload you with too many but here are some of my favorites...the rest can be viewed here . Moving on... Friday started off with another snowstorm - excellent.  Hanscom was open for business...well, that is, for everyone ex...

Trunk or Treat 2013

We just got back from Trunk or Treating at Easton's daycare...how flippin' fun (and pretty roarsome as Henry Hugglemonster would say). Mr. Blondie waiting for the trunk or treating to begin! Still figuring out that the chocolate must be unwrapped first. No hurry to explain :) Homeless Lion with a Market Basket bag. Score one for the parents. Some pretty creative pumpkins!