Skip to main content

Our Minnesota Thanksgiving

What do you get when you take two adults, one infant and a dog on a 48-hour Thanksgiving trip to Minneapolis? One amazingly great time with family (and a very exhausted set of parents today)! I took over 200 photos over the weekend so I'll let a few of the pictures tell our story... (click here if you want to look at the rest)
Rae was a late addition to the travel roster -
Jace is teaching her how to use the moving
walkway @ 0430 Thanksgiving morning
We landed and made a beeline to Casa de McChesney...
what a beautiful day...it was 60 degrees!!
Auntie Sherry couldn't wait to get her hands on little E...
and he couldn't wait to get his hands on Uncle Wayne's nose!
Wayne and Easton share a birthday - 4/16!!!
Easton also got to meet his 2nd cousin, Jake during this trip!
Jake's a senior at St. Thomas - wow did that go fast...



Can't leave out the  sweet reunion between Kosmo and Rae


Our only Thanksgiving photo as a family - I've GOT to
be better about stepping away from behind the camera

While the turkey was cooking I decided
to take Smallz out to play in their beautiful
yard - look at how blue the skies were!

What is this stuff?
One with the hat - I couldn't get him to look at me because
the sun was too bright... :(

Before long, Grandpa Dean and Cheryl made their way
up from Shakopee

The whole family!!

Welcome, Easton Anders! (oh, and your family, too)

Wayne teaching Easton the ropes @
McChesney's Bar & Grill

Turkey Time!!! - (Missed you, Chuck M.)
Easton waiting patiently for his
Harvest Squash Turkey Country Dinner
(from a jar, of course)

Sherry's multi-layered jello! Impressive, right?

Pretty and tasty :)

And now the post-turkey shots...awesome



Pleeeeaase??

On Friday we went to Bloomington to see Grandma Jan


Getting some yummy pears

and some yummy strawberry shortcake!
And our final destination...Grandpa Dean and Cheryl's
in Shakopee, MN

The weather was still pretty nice, just a bit damp so we
had Easton help Grandpa with some yard work in his
new Minnesota Wild hat 


3 generations of Anders :) awww....
This is Andy - he's a silky terrier (and Rae's twin) 
see?
Josh and Jill Nelson stopped by to say hello and meet Easton
Nelly meet Easton. Easton meet Nelly's facial hair 





After the yard work and visits were over it
was time for MORE FOOD!!  
We ate ham, leftover turkey, legendary
Harry's Happy Hotdish and my personal
favorite, cheesy potatoes 

After all that eating it was time for a walk -
Rae loves being part of Dean & Cheryl's pack




We're all done - let us in!!

Just a fun photo of little man :)
As you can tell we had a lot of fun...a lot to eat...and are so thankful we could spend the time with family. Before signing off I've got to show of Easton's latest development milestone...he's learned how to clap (thanks for the fabulous instruction, Cheryl!). Check out the video below:




Comments

  1. What a great trip to MN! Looks like you guys had a blast!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a note for Team Anders!

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing...Easton Douglas Anders!

Easton Douglas Anders - 3 days old More pictures @ http://www.our365.com/ He's here, he's here!!!  Jace and I welcomed our son Easton Douglas to the world this past Saturday, April 16th at 4:22 PM and we couldn't be more proud.  It was an awesome experience...not so much in the "incredibly cool, can't wait to do it again" context but genuinely in AWE of how mother nature and modern medicine can work together to ease a woman and efficiently deliver a baby.  Before I tell you all a little bit about our story (again, no worries, I won't blast all the nitty gritty across your screen) I must say a HUGE thank you to our staff at Winchester Hospital.  Though I know not a single of of those doctors, nurses and other staff members will read this they will forever hold a special place in our hearts for the outstanding service and love they showed all three of us!!  They exceeded any expectations Jace and I might have had and just had to throw that out there. ...

My Bachelorette Weekend

Jace has been in MN since Thursday braving the cold with  Team Franchise at the 2011 US Pond Hockey Championship .  The team made it to Sunday again this year but unfortunately couldn't get by the "Pulled Hammies" this morning to advance to the finals.  Better luck next year, boys! :( So, since he's been gone I've been catching up on projects around the homestead since it's been so damn cold outside.  On Thursday night I scanned in about 80 old family photos that I had received over the years from my Aunt Kathleen.  I decided to do this because I'm building an online baby book for mini-Ma$e and you can add pictures - thought it'd be fun to add some old family photos.  Anyway, I won't overload you with too many but here are some of my favorites...the rest can be viewed here . Moving on... Friday started off with another snowstorm - excellent.  Hanscom was open for business...well, that is, for everyone ex...

Trunk or Treat 2013

We just got back from Trunk or Treating at Easton's daycare...how flippin' fun (and pretty roarsome as Henry Hugglemonster would say). Mr. Blondie waiting for the trunk or treating to begin! Still figuring out that the chocolate must be unwrapped first. No hurry to explain :) Homeless Lion with a Market Basket bag. Score one for the parents. Some pretty creative pumpkins!