Skip to main content

3rd Annual Ski Trip - Bretton Woods, NH

Bretton Woods, NH
Ski Trip 2012
Oh how a few years (and a baby) changes so much! It's 8:30 and I can barely keep my eyes open after this weekend's ski trip! We've transitioned from super late nights at Sugarloaf, ME, through preggers in Okemo, VT ...to three couples and a baby in Bretton Woods, NH...each one fun in their own special way!

2012 "Family Photo" - On the slopes

The "Fosters" and Team Anders were able to break away from Boston around 2:00 and made our way up to the townhouse. DK and Liz got a late start but rolled into the townhouse safely around 7:30...the weekend had officially begun. We all huddled around the 24" TV, watched some hoops and planned for our big skiing/snowboarding adventures. Saturday morning started with temps in the teens and a Peter Foster special...eggs, bacon, hash browns, toast with no butter...then Jace and I dropped Easton off for his day at Babes in the Woods Nursery. So cute!! Daycare on the mountain! :)


Charging up for our day!
We all spent the morning's runs together and then took a nice break to open the bar at the Lodge around 11:00.
Liz and Danny heading out for more
Jace, Liz and Danny planning our next runs

Fos on the lookout for Crystal

Jace fixing his gloves - I think I know
what Santa's getting him next year

Random shot of me, taken by me...and yes,
those are my glasses I'm holding. Moron
forgot her contacts so I rocked glasses AND goggles

More Liz and DK
Check out this beauty clip of Jace "shredding" a black diamond:


Bar is open! No surprise what Jace just ordered

There's Miss Crystal!!

And again...love that hat and her "blue braids"

After we finished our drinks DK, Liz, Jace and Pete went off for a few more runs to complete the afternoon while Crystal and I went to pick up lunch and grab Easton. We headed back to the townhouse and thought maybe E would like to play in the snow with the cute snowman someone had made earlier...

What's that snowman look like up close, Ma?
Well, Son, let's go see...

We've arrived for a closer inspection...



What a cute snowman!!!

No longer curious about the snowman and wants to kick
mom in the teeth...

Family shot w/Mr. Snowman -
sometimes the pacifier is my BFF 
Pretty, pretty scenery

So it was back to the warm, cozy house we went...and just played for the rest of the afternoon until everyone returned.






Pete and Liz cooked us a fabulous pasta dinner and we settled in for the Patriots game...I made it until 8:30 and couldn't fight it any more...lights out, old woman :( This morning we woke up to some seriously cold temps but some beautiful skies. We cleaned up the house and were out by 8:00...little Homie wasn't really feeling the Pack 'n Play this weekend so he was up an at 'em. It was a quick trip but still really enjoyable to get away with such great friends. :) Here are some of the random shots I took...not nearly enough, unfortunately, because the scenery up there was breathtaking.

Temps on Saturday - a balmy 10 degrees

Was snowing when we arrived Friday afternoon
Temps Sunday morning... -15 degrees

But look at the beautiful sunrise!

Don't worry, it warmed up to -11 before we left :)

Token entrance sign shot

A subtle sign that there may be some moose around

So that is my sleep-deprived ski weekend summary...short, sweet, and too tired to care. It's off to bed now for what I hope to be a loooong night's rest...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing...Easton Douglas Anders!

Easton Douglas Anders - 3 days old More pictures @ http://www.our365.com/ He's here, he's here!!!  Jace and I welcomed our son Easton Douglas to the world this past Saturday, April 16th at 4:22 PM and we couldn't be more proud.  It was an awesome experience...not so much in the "incredibly cool, can't wait to do it again" context but genuinely in AWE of how mother nature and modern medicine can work together to ease a woman and efficiently deliver a baby.  Before I tell you all a little bit about our story (again, no worries, I won't blast all the nitty gritty across your screen) I must say a HUGE thank you to our staff at Winchester Hospital.  Though I know not a single of of those doctors, nurses and other staff members will read this they will forever hold a special place in our hearts for the outstanding service and love they showed all three of us!!  They exceeded any expectations Jace and I might have had and just had to throw that out there. ...

My Bachelorette Weekend

Jace has been in MN since Thursday braving the cold with  Team Franchise at the 2011 US Pond Hockey Championship .  The team made it to Sunday again this year but unfortunately couldn't get by the "Pulled Hammies" this morning to advance to the finals.  Better luck next year, boys! :( So, since he's been gone I've been catching up on projects around the homestead since it's been so damn cold outside.  On Thursday night I scanned in about 80 old family photos that I had received over the years from my Aunt Kathleen.  I decided to do this because I'm building an online baby book for mini-Ma$e and you can add pictures - thought it'd be fun to add some old family photos.  Anyway, I won't overload you with too many but here are some of my favorites...the rest can be viewed here . Moving on... Friday started off with another snowstorm - excellent.  Hanscom was open for business...well, that is, for everyone ex...

Trunk or Treat 2013

We just got back from Trunk or Treating at Easton's daycare...how flippin' fun (and pretty roarsome as Henry Hugglemonster would say). Mr. Blondie waiting for the trunk or treating to begin! Still figuring out that the chocolate must be unwrapped first. No hurry to explain :) Homeless Lion with a Market Basket bag. Score one for the parents. Some pretty creative pumpkins!