I've been quite a lucky girl lately because I've had the opportunity to spend such a large amount of time with my mama! I don't remember the last time we've been able to be together like this and it's been wonderful...more than wonderful but I'm vocabularily challenged so wonderful is the best I can do at the moment. See? "vocabularily" isn't even a word :)
We've had a great week here in our temporary housing and I can't believe we only have four days left. I'm hoping I can just renew our reservation indefinitely but sadly I think my request will be denied. I mean where else can you crash for $50/day in a furnished 2BR house with a yard AND cleaning crew? We're taking full advantage of the last perk as we've had some epic dinners over the week...Little Homie likes pasta, tomato sauce and hummus...none of which make for an easy cleanup!
I started work on Wednesday so Mom was on full-time Easton duty Wednesday and Thursday (Friday was a 1/2 day for me - sweet). 12 hours a day of watching after a one-year-old...I can only say thank you but the words are again inadequate. The people I work with all seem great...and very fertile. Amongst the 8 or so members of the office there are roughly 20 children! Yowza!! Don't get any funny ideas out there anyone...it's a competition we're happy to lose.
Our temporary quarters are just down the street from my office so I've been walking to work everyday...love that. On my walk home from work Friday I was welcomed home by my Mom, Easton and Rae outside playing in the yard...easily one of my new favorite memories and I've been replaying it in my mind all weekend :) It's like Pleasantville here I swear!
Yesterday we all headed down to Kids Are Tops in Centerville to try out another round of swimming lessons (first round was in November). They were a much bigger hit this time for sure! I'm really excited to take him back next week and try out the water for myself!
Learning to hang on the wall with Grandma Bonnie
The rest of our Saturday was filled with running errands and playing around the house. After dinner we usually like to go sit outside on the back patio and enjoy the lingering sunlight while Easton cautiously explores the grass and Rae chases the geese. Last night he wasn't so cautious though and wanted to get out and explore...so off we went.
He walked all that way just holding on to my finger...
loves to touch the trees!
And then Grandma came out and joined us and this happened (don't miss the video)...
See you homies, I'm out...
Though my face looks ridiculous it is an honest reaction...he just took off!!
Here are some more stills of us playing in the yard...ahhh...Ohio...
It's amazing how well butter works to hold your
hair straight up...
Easton channeling his inner Thriller
Grandma love!!!
Got my editing on again. This might be my
favorite picture of us to date!!
And that brings us to today. Thanks goodness for today :) Mother's Day...and Jace has finally arrived in Ohio!!! He rolled in today around 2 o'clock with tulips in hand for both Mom and me. How sweet! He'll be on leave taking it easy around Dayton until we can move into our new house on Friday :) We also heard from Dad and he reports all is well from the middle of the Pacific -- so great to know he's doing alright. If you're interested in what he's doing on the Mercy here's a link to the Pacific Partnership's Facebook fan page.
I'm ready for my new house so I can stop sleeping
in that dang pack & play!!!
So that's all for now...time to go pound some more Graeter's and get ready for the Desperate Housewives finale!! Happy Mother's Day to all you beauties out there :) Love!!!!!
Easton Douglas Anders - 3 days old More pictures @ http://www.our365.com/ He's here, he's here!!! Jace and I welcomed our son Easton Douglas to the world this past Saturday, April 16th at 4:22 PM and we couldn't be more proud. It was an awesome experience...not so much in the "incredibly cool, can't wait to do it again" context but genuinely in AWE of how mother nature and modern medicine can work together to ease a woman and efficiently deliver a baby. Before I tell you all a little bit about our story (again, no worries, I won't blast all the nitty gritty across your screen) I must say a HUGE thank you to our staff at Winchester Hospital. Though I know not a single of of those doctors, nurses and other staff members will read this they will forever hold a special place in our hearts for the outstanding service and love they showed all three of us!! They exceeded any expectations Jace and I might have had and just had to throw that out there. ...
Jace has been in MN since Thursday braving the cold with Team Franchise at the 2011 US Pond Hockey Championship . The team made it to Sunday again this year but unfortunately couldn't get by the "Pulled Hammies" this morning to advance to the finals. Better luck next year, boys! :( So, since he's been gone I've been catching up on projects around the homestead since it's been so damn cold outside. On Thursday night I scanned in about 80 old family photos that I had received over the years from my Aunt Kathleen. I decided to do this because I'm building an online baby book for mini-Ma$e and you can add pictures - thought it'd be fun to add some old family photos. Anyway, I won't overload you with too many but here are some of my favorites...the rest can be viewed here . Moving on... Friday started off with another snowstorm - excellent. Hanscom was open for business...well, that is, for everyone ex...
We just got back from Trunk or Treating at Easton's daycare...how flippin' fun (and pretty roarsome as Henry Hugglemonster would say). Mr. Blondie waiting for the trunk or treating to begin! Still figuring out that the chocolate must be unwrapped first. No hurry to explain :) Homeless Lion with a Market Basket bag. Score one for the parents. Some pretty creative pumpkins!
Happy mother's Day! Love the food and Thriller shotz! ~krista
ReplyDelete