Skip to main content

Rewind...McChesney Visit 2013

Hello, again...hello. So it's been a hot minute since my last post but there's a lot going on here in the Anders household and with eSmallz hittin the hay closer to 8 p.m. these days I'm truly runnin' outta daylight. It also didn't help that I got laser-focused on a tasker for Auntie Sherry but I'm pretty pumped about how that turned out so no complaints!

Anyway, I had to get our last visit from Team McChesney (minus one this time) on the books so let me take ya'll (yes, you + all = ya'll -- much more efficient when typing) back a few weeks to a fun-filled weekend.  Ah...those were the days...

Wayne and Sherry arrived on Thursday the 18th and we immediately put the pedal to the metal -- puzzles with crazy Uncle Wayne!  I got home a bit late from work to the announcement that Easton had peed on the potty for Auntie Sherry!  Um. AWESOME. Too bad it was a one-off and the feat is still yet to be repeated... :(


You can barely notice but E's wearing his "big boy undies"...
We're getting there people!!!
I took the day off on Friday and Jace had the day off thanks to the team in DC so we decided to take Easton to school and head on down to TANKS ON WAYNE for breakfast. This is our go-to spot for breakfast with the McChesneys.  I'm sure you have a hard time figuring out why.  I just feel fortunate that Wayne found the place while searching the intranet.



Food's great...appetizers are fab!
Wayne forgot his hat back in MN but it just so happened that I recently began following a fab local hat shop on Instagram called Brim on Fifth so we decided to go shopping.  I was really excited because I hadn't actually been to the store yet but apparently the early bird does NOT get the worm when dealing in fashionable accessories in Dayton, Ohio because they weren't quite open yet...at 1000...on Friday. No problem there because the machines blowing bubbles from the balcony of the Tumbleweed Connection next door welcomed us on in for a little while :)
Don't be fooled...we quickly ended up inside!

They reserved the balcony for us!  Aw...how sweet--or pathetic that we were at the bar so early.  I vote sweet. :)
We hung out for a while, walked through the Oregon District some more, were grossed out by all the adult shops and then headed back to the 'burbs. OK well everything's pretty much the 'burbs here but go with it, k? K. We grabbed E-smiggity later that afternoon just in time for a solid arts & crafts session.  



SO glad I pay someone to come clean our house.
I could also light our $ on fire...same, same.
On Saturday we were up and at em (kinda) and headed down to the Cincinnati Zoo. It was a lot of fun. We saw elephants, giraffes, bears, birds...you name it, we saw it.  We were all really impressed with the zoo...and even more so with the beautiful homes that surround it.  And if you've ever been there you know I'm lying in a big way. Holy scary ghetto, Batman. Wow.



Yea, I thought it was pretty rude for him to not brush his hair either.
Good catch, little buddy.




Or clumps of poop that look like dirt.  Just sayin'...

The zoo got him...and thanks Uncle Wayne and Auntie Sherry for my
big monkey!!
Once we got home I can't remember what we did. Probably involved shoving food down my throat. I'm sure it tasted good whatever it was. But while I was eating, Easton and Wayne played in the trashcan. Because...well...why not. It's fun, right!?

And that about wraps up the weekend. Fun ALWAYS when these two are around.  We love that they take the time from their busy lives to come be with us. It's not always easy to get away but they always make us feel like a priority in their lives...it's wonderful :)  Thanks, "Uncle Sherry and Uncle Wayne" for coming on down to D-town. We love you!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing...Easton Douglas Anders!

Easton Douglas Anders - 3 days old More pictures @ http://www.our365.com/ He's here, he's here!!!  Jace and I welcomed our son Easton Douglas to the world this past Saturday, April 16th at 4:22 PM and we couldn't be more proud.  It was an awesome experience...not so much in the "incredibly cool, can't wait to do it again" context but genuinely in AWE of how mother nature and modern medicine can work together to ease a woman and efficiently deliver a baby.  Before I tell you all a little bit about our story (again, no worries, I won't blast all the nitty gritty across your screen) I must say a HUGE thank you to our staff at Winchester Hospital.  Though I know not a single of of those doctors, nurses and other staff members will read this they will forever hold a special place in our hearts for the outstanding service and love they showed all three of us!!  They exceeded any expectations Jace and I might have had and just had to throw that out there. ...

My Bachelorette Weekend

Jace has been in MN since Thursday braving the cold with  Team Franchise at the 2011 US Pond Hockey Championship .  The team made it to Sunday again this year but unfortunately couldn't get by the "Pulled Hammies" this morning to advance to the finals.  Better luck next year, boys! :( So, since he's been gone I've been catching up on projects around the homestead since it's been so damn cold outside.  On Thursday night I scanned in about 80 old family photos that I had received over the years from my Aunt Kathleen.  I decided to do this because I'm building an online baby book for mini-Ma$e and you can add pictures - thought it'd be fun to add some old family photos.  Anyway, I won't overload you with too many but here are some of my favorites...the rest can be viewed here . Moving on... Friday started off with another snowstorm - excellent.  Hanscom was open for business...well, that is, for everyone ex...

Trunk or Treat 2013

We just got back from Trunk or Treating at Easton's daycare...how flippin' fun (and pretty roarsome as Henry Hugglemonster would say). Mr. Blondie waiting for the trunk or treating to begin! Still figuring out that the chocolate must be unwrapped first. No hurry to explain :) Homeless Lion with a Market Basket bag. Score one for the parents. Some pretty creative pumpkins!