| Friday, 16 Sep 11 |
![]() |
| Not too much of a change though I can tell this is the last photo shoot in these 3 month onesies |
Autumn is upon us here in New England and I know both Jace and I are quite excited about this...me for the beautiful colors on the trees, the crisp air and Easton's rapidly approaching 1st Halloween...Jace because football is FINALLY here (oh, and also, Monday night hockey has also started - his first 10:50 PM game is tomorrow so we'll see how long said excitement lasts).
One weekend tradition we've established for the Team is our pre "eight football games on the television" walk @ Long Pond. We were up with the sun this morning so got our hike on at about 8:30. It's been a beautiful day so here are some shots of how it started:
![]() |
| I rated this beanie a 10 on the "hat aggressiveness" scale. You? |
| Still a little small for the front carry...but we're making it work anyway;) |
| Rae vs. the giant schnauzer...stopped her dead in her tracks. hilarious! |
And then finished...
| Go Vikes! (obviously wasn't rooting hard enough after that abysmal loss earlier today) |
![]() |
| Fits SO much better than the last time we tried this on |
![]() |
| Keeping tabs on all his leagues |
| Jace's picks...thanks, Vikes :( |
Yesterday I was reading a magazine and a recipe for double chocolate chunk mint cookies magically appeared. Thank you McCormick extract...'m sold. So grabbed my ingredients today at the store...
And voila! uh...wait...what the heck?...my cookies look like little dry balls of poo...
Lesson learned today is "flour" and "whole wheat flour" are NOT interchangeable in a baking recipe...or any recipe for that matter. At least it wasn't a total loss...I mean, sheesh, there's chunks of chocolate in there somewhere so they've found their way to a tupperware container on our kitchen counter! ;)
![]() |
| HEAVENLY!!! |
Speaking of poo in baked goods (yeah...that's probably the classiest transition you've ever read) Jace and I had a date night last night and went to see "The Help". Such a wonderful movie (and I hear it mirrors the book quite well so that's a plus)! That was the first time I'd ever heard someone sob uncontrollably in the movie theater though so that was an interesting experience (and no, I didn't see Marley & Me b/c I'm afraid that person would have then been me). Definitely worth the trip (and the $8). Prior to the movie we had dinner at The Cheesecake Factory and ordered their Ultimate Red Velvet Cake Cheesecake - WHOA...run, do not walk, to your nearest CF and GET SOME!!!
As if the weekend wasn't already amazing we had a special visitor swing by the Commons today. Letricia Castillo is moving to Boston from Albuquerque and took some time out from her house hunting to come by, say hello, politely eat one of my cookies (thanks, girl) and meet Easton. It was so great to see her...it's been way too long. Looking forward to having her here in New England with us :)
| At LT's senior banquet |
| And today with Easton...so fun to share our life with such a beautiful person!! |
So that's about all I've got for ya so I'll sign off for the week. On next week's agenda...Easton's first airplane ride!!! Washington D.C. and the Sandness household here we come! :) Enjoy some Easton in his Jumperoo :)






This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete