Skip to main content

Easton's BFF!

Team Anders just wrapped up a phenomenal weekend as Jace, Easton and I traveled to Chicago to see our great friends Joey & Catie Locallo and meet their son, Jack Joseph. The last time we were all together was out in California for Joey's sister Jenna's wedding...those were my pre-blog days unfortunately but here's a cute shot of all of us from the reception. BEST. TRIP. EVER. Seriously, I was convinced I was going to move there and run a vineyard! ;)
Teams Anders & Locallo...Firestone Winery (sans-kiddos)
25 July 2010
Yes, that is a wine glass in my man's hand!!!
Anywho...this weekend was also a blast and Easton was stoked to get to meet his new BFF...I mean finally because he hears about Jack all the time!! The two little guys were born less than a month apart (16 April and 12 May 11). We arrived @ O'Hare on Saturday around 11:00 AM. Easton did great on the airplane once again but it was sure nice to have Jace there to help this time...
Ok, son, I'll hold your paci while you buckle up 
Poor little guy couldn't figure out the seat belt so Jace just held him
Joey picked us up and it was off to the 'burbs! We arrived at their house around 11:30 AM and Catie and Jack were waiting for us with huge smiles :) The boys instantly bonded (meaning they slapped one another in the face and stuck their fingers in one another's mouth...you know, baby hellos). We had fun watching the two of them play with all the amazing toys at the Locallo home (I think Easton might be a little depressed coming back to our house - a definite toy downgrade here at 3-306).




BFFs for life! 
The Locallo's have a long mirror laid on its side in their
basement...genius idea and the kiddos loved it!!!

Jack was such a great host...always let Smallz play with his toys

Another shot of the mirror - awesome

The party moved upstairs

E getting owned - "C'mon Man"

A borrowed bib but changed to read "Uncle" and it's legit!

baby love 

So happy to have met his friend
After a solid few hours of play it was time for a snack and then a walk. The weather was beautiful...a perfect fall day. We walked around the neighborhood and I was in heaven...sure would be nice to live close to these guys and be able to do this for many, many weekends as these two grow up :(
E needed some shades. This was his first stroller ride
without being in his car seat :)

Team Graco

Ahh...the burbs...in the midwest... :)

Jace and Joey shadow-boxing...or as Jace calls it
a silhouette

Just a chillin'
After about 30 minutes we returned to the house and decided to hang out on the back patio and continue to enjoy the great weather...for about 15 minutes until I wussed out and had to head inside. It was cold in the shade and I did myself no favors by drinking a cold beer.
Goose Island 312 Urban Wheat
YUM-O!! (and props to my hubby for a good photo)

Joey and Jack - love this

Jack has the best little head of hair - those hairs are always
standing up like that and they're so fun to play with!





That night we let the boys just hang out and roll around on the floor and get to know one another :) Another friend of ours, Brian Reaney, stopped by so we all caught up and ate some to-die-for Lou Malnati's pizza (Joey & Catie sent us these pizzas right after Easton was born and I fell in LOVE..they ship nationally if you're wondering). It was such a fun day!
Give me that bib, buddy!!

Easton's favorite "crunch" move
and Jack"road-runner" impression (BTW,
his legs NEVER stop moving - kid's going
to be a national champion sprinter) 
Settling into their groove

Cheese!!!
Sunday morning we woke up to some rain so we headed off to The Bagel for some breakfast in hopes that the day would clear up so we could head to the zoo. We lucked out and the weather cooperated...hello Lincoln Park Zoo! I got made fun of for all the photos I was taking...I'm beginning to become a bit annoying with this camera, I'm afraid :( The plan was to have both the boys in their infant carriers but Jack decided he'd rather nap (which is a GREAT thing for Team Locallo) so these shots are pretty Easton-centric by default.
All ready for the zoo!
Poor Jack is teething and his thumbs were soooo chapped!

Mom, if I don't see one of these giraffe things I'm going
to be pissed...seriously...

Love :)



Quite possibly my most favorite picture - Jace was so
great talking to Easton the whole day about the animals

My boys :)

Sleepy lions

I'm quite possibly the worst child stylist EVER...

Such an adorable shot

Easton and his giraffe...whew!



Jack diggin' the zoo - I mean it was his 3rd trip so, meh,
he's over it ;)



Hello rhino

Looking at the monkeys - and then it ran away

You may be seeing this again come Christmas time ;)
The zoo was great but it was about time to head home so Jace and Joey could stalk their fantasy football players and we could get things prepped for our family cookout prior to the Bears/Vikes game! The four of us had originally planned to head down to Soldiers Field for the night game but as we started to think about it we realized it would be a lot more fun to do something together at the house. So we did a little "tail-gaiting" at home with some steaks on the grill. Bonus of staying home was Catie's dad and Joey's parents both joined us and got to watch the boys play (for about 10 minutes as Easton was up from a nap and then down for the night). Dinner was amazing, the conversation was wonderful...and the Vikings sucked (poor Jace and Easton - I was in Illinois so was proudly rocking my Bears gear) ;)
Grandpa Richard & Jack

Go Bears!

The two Vikings fans holding strong

Matching hats from Joey's parents (thanks!)
Yes, they're the same size so not difficult to guess
which kid is Jace's :)

All grown up!! :) The boys with their boys




Love how Jack is looking at Grandma Kristine :)



hands full!!
Beautiful!!!

It was the perfect weekend and I know we're all really looking forward to getting together again sooner rather than later. Catie and I might just head back out to Solvang and rent us a wine bus...who knows but whatever we do it will be fun! Thanks so much for a wonderful weekend, Team Locallo! We love you and miss you lots!!!

P.S. I took a ton of pictures and here's the link to the rest: Easton Meets Jack

P.S.S - see photo below
Easton's 4th airplane in 6 months :) Get that kid
a Mileage Plus account!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing...Easton Douglas Anders!

Easton Douglas Anders - 3 days old More pictures @ http://www.our365.com/ He's here, he's here!!!  Jace and I welcomed our son Easton Douglas to the world this past Saturday, April 16th at 4:22 PM and we couldn't be more proud.  It was an awesome experience...not so much in the "incredibly cool, can't wait to do it again" context but genuinely in AWE of how mother nature and modern medicine can work together to ease a woman and efficiently deliver a baby.  Before I tell you all a little bit about our story (again, no worries, I won't blast all the nitty gritty across your screen) I must say a HUGE thank you to our staff at Winchester Hospital.  Though I know not a single of of those doctors, nurses and other staff members will read this they will forever hold a special place in our hearts for the outstanding service and love they showed all three of us!!  They exceeded any expectations Jace and I might have had and just had to throw that out there. ...

My Bachelorette Weekend

Jace has been in MN since Thursday braving the cold with  Team Franchise at the 2011 US Pond Hockey Championship .  The team made it to Sunday again this year but unfortunately couldn't get by the "Pulled Hammies" this morning to advance to the finals.  Better luck next year, boys! :( So, since he's been gone I've been catching up on projects around the homestead since it's been so damn cold outside.  On Thursday night I scanned in about 80 old family photos that I had received over the years from my Aunt Kathleen.  I decided to do this because I'm building an online baby book for mini-Ma$e and you can add pictures - thought it'd be fun to add some old family photos.  Anyway, I won't overload you with too many but here are some of my favorites...the rest can be viewed here . Moving on... Friday started off with another snowstorm - excellent.  Hanscom was open for business...well, that is, for everyone ex...

Trunk or Treat 2013

We just got back from Trunk or Treating at Easton's daycare...how flippin' fun (and pretty roarsome as Henry Hugglemonster would say). Mr. Blondie waiting for the trunk or treating to begin! Still figuring out that the chocolate must be unwrapped first. No hurry to explain :) Homeless Lion with a Market Basket bag. Score one for the parents. Some pretty creative pumpkins!